Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chrome

Well, I've installed my Windows7 machine, liked it, and so on. However, with Windows7, comes IE8. Now, I still used IE on my old machine (XP) since some sites demands IE (my bank site, government - pay taxes site and my favorite - Matrix internal portal). But I've moved to FireFox3 a long time ago, and never looked back.
However, on Windows7 - no more FireFox. Only Chrome. I've used it before, but now it is my default (and practically only) browser. IE8 is there - for the IE required sites, but I never even tested it. Just installed Chrome - and off we go.
The most useful feature about Chrome is it's layout. No Windows title - so more browsing space. Address-bar is merged with search-bar, few management icons - hell I even leave the links bar activated - my first time ever.
And you have a really cool ability to take a tab and drag it to a new window, and vice-verse.
And it is quick. Really.

However, Shockwave plugin works terrible on Chrome. Some sites (www.themarker.com for instance) use Shockwave for commercials, and my page gets stuck. Luckily (and unlike FireFox) Chrome isn't hang over Shockwave - only closes the misbehaving tab. So for now - Chrome is my browser of choice. 

One more word for Google - quickly you guys, release a plugin environment. Everyone is waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment