Sunday, June 7, 2009

Meeting effectiveness is disproportional to its length

Well, I've read - http://www.businessinsider.com/how-not-to-blow-your-meeting-with-me-2009-6 - and loved it.
I'm following a rule that says the longer the meeting - the less effective it is. Our board meetings take 2 hours - and are a total waste of my time. Customer meetings - I'm keeping to a 30 minutes top. The most effective ones I have are 10 minutes long. 5 minutes chit-chat, 3 minutes business (this is what I do - cool, this is what I need, or vice verse), and 2 minutes goodbyes.

I've searched and couldn't find a reference to such a law on the net (meeting effectiveness is disproportional to its effectiveness). If you do - please post it here.

BTW - the law doesn't apply in government agencies and financial institutions. Or rather - it applies there more than anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment