Sunday, September 13, 2009

Working with Linkedin

I've found that I'm using LinkedIn more and more. As a matter of fact - I think I spend around 2-4 hours a week on LinkedIn - getting new connections, sending messages, and finding leads. Heck - I even found a recommendation for my kid's kindergarden from LinkedIn. Not exactly what I would expect from a professionals network.

But mostly - I try to hire people through LinkedIn. All our tests found this to be the most effective way to get CVs. From around 700 connections I usually get 40 responses (not all from my connections, and I also post in groups I belong to) - around 80% of them relevant. Much better than the junk I get from web based hiring sites, or from head hunters.

Still - I have a problem. Can't understand why LinkedIn limits me in sending messages to only 50 people at once. Considering all of these guys are my friends - LinkedIn shouldn't care about that. Heck - if they only offer this option for premium sites - I'll go premium (they don't, however).

What to do? Can't say it here (haven't checked the legal stuff yet). But I might have found a solution. It involves coding however. Tons of coding. Luckily I have strong Java roots...

No comments:

Post a Comment